Programs > Brochure
DiversityAbroad.com Overseas Ambassador Scholarship
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
The Overseas Ambassador Program is a initiative created for currently students or recent graduates who are planning to study, intern, volunteer or teach abroad. The Overseas Ambassadors will serve as an overseas correspondent, sharing their experiences to motivate other members of the DiversityAbroad.com community to go abroad. By writing insightful articles, sharing inspiring videos and pictures about your new surroundings, cross-cultural observations and personal growth, your words will inspire other diverse students to go abroad and challenge them to rethink how study abroad experiences can be for everyone.
- Represent DiversityAbroad.com for the duration of your program overseas (Fall or Spring semester programs only)
- Document your experience with photos and videos via the DiversityAbroad.com
- Write at least one article every two weeks on a topic related to education abroad and your identity, location and career/field of study.
- Share tips and answer questions on the Diversity Abroad Forum.
- You are currently enrolled full-time at your college or university based in the United States or a recent graduate (1-3 years out)
- You will participate in a semester or year long study, intern, volunteer, or teach abroad program between January 1 and June 30, 2018
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA at an accredited U.S. university or college
- You are energetic, creative and have a passion for international engagement
- You are a leader on campus and in your community
- You are committed to challenging stereotypes and leading a dialogue that promotes positive social change
- You possess strong writing skills and social media presence
- Economically disadvantaged students, first-generation, students with disabilities and ethnic and racial diverse students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Diversity Abroad, in cooperation with the AIFS, will offer a $500 stipend for fall and spring semesters. Five stipends are available for each term.
- Diversity Abroad Swag Bag, including backpack, t-shirt, journal, travel guide and more!
- Opportunity to have your articles, blogs, pictures and video published and promoted on social media and DiversityAbroad.com
- Gain professional career experience in marketing, social media, writing, and international education and travel
- The opportunity to be part of the Diversity Abroad family and represent the Diversity Abroad community overseas
- Complimentary registration to the 2017/18 Global Student Leadership Summit
- Matched stipend from select Diversity Abroad partners
- Overseas Ambassadors serve during a 4-6 month time frame, depending on the length of their chosen study abroad program.
- To apply for the Overseas Ambassador Program, please complete the scholarship application here by Wednesday, November 1st, 2017.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|